Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My LifeStory-My Childhood Pt 1-Intro

Born to a young (24yr old), handsome & hardworking lad and a very young (18yr old) & beautiful lass in Sept 1967. I muz say tat I have a very wonderful childhood. As a child, I lived and grow up in a kampong. The first 10 yrs of my life were spent there. Growing up in the kampong not only makes my childhood very interesting, it has also carved and left a lasting impression in my life.
My grandpa is one of the wealthiest man in our kampong. He not only owns a few houses which he rents out to several families, he also owns a transportation company w a fleet of lorries which my dad helps to run and he's also a very popular Sugar-cane juice stall owner of the then Lorong 25 market in Geylang. I come frm a very big family. Besides my parents, I hv 3 uncles and 2 aunts and many cousins. Oh, n not forgetting 1 more uncle who still lives in China. And that's only my extended paternal family.
My mum's family is not small either. I hv my maternal grandma who dotes on my alot, 2 more unlces and 3 more aunts and also 1 more uncle who also has his own family in China. Hmmm....getting more and more confusing rite. And at this point in time, I also hv relatives in Taiwan and the United States. I think if I were to list them all down here, those of you who are reading my blog now will fall asleep soon. Not to worry, you'll definitely get to read about them in the days to come.
As for my immediate family, besides my parents and myself, I have a one and only younger brother and an elder sister (juz 1 yr older then me) who passed away even before i was born (this, I only knew about when I was still a kid from a few of my neighbours). My parents have never mentioned about it at all fearing that it'll bring back bad memories and hurting either party. Cause of death of my beloved sister = unknown. Although I've never got the chance to meet my sister, I do miss her quite abit especially when I see some of my friends who has a sister to share their secrets with.
So much for tday, I'll share more w u the next time I update my blog. Thanks for taking time to read. C u soon.

No comments: